Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Things to look for when choosing a hotel
Top 5 Things to look for when choosing a hotel
When choosing a hotel, you’ll be faced with a varied array of options. Filtering through these choices to find the hotel that suits you or your travel companions’ requirements can be a challenging task. Doing your research before you book can make all the difference to how much you enjoy your stay. Here are 5 things to look for when choosing a suitable hotel.
1. The most important factor is location. If your intended hotel stay is for a holiday, then proximity to beaches, fun parks, tourist attractions and restaurants will play a critical part in your decision. If, on the other hand, the trip is for business purposes then being close to the town centre may be more important. Proximity to shopping centres, sporting facilities or medical services may also be a consideration.
Amenities
2. Hotel amenities are the second most important factor. If you are booking a family holiday with children, then a hotel with a swimming pool and kids’ club will likely jump to the top of your list. Likewise, a hotel offering Wi Fi and a wide range of business and secretarial services will be more suitable if you are travelling for business reasons. If you can’t bear to be parted from your puppy, pet-friendly accommodation will be essential. Non-smokers may request specific rooms, if available.
Value
3. It goes without saying that value for money is a factor when choosing a hotel. Consider value adding extras such as laundry services and extended hours’ room service that may enhance your stay. Searching for hotel deals and packages, or asking for a discounted rate, may also be worthwhile. Many hotels will consider price matching to lure you away from a competitor…. don’t be afraid to ask for a better price! Comparing hotels with a similar AAA star rating is another way to evaluate value for money.
Reviews
4. Reviews are a valuable tool when deciding where to stay. Many travellers enjoy sharing their experiences after they return from a trip, whether they are good or bad. Travel forums, hotel review sites and even social media are great places to check out what other travellers recommend (or not). A long list of bad reviews is a good indication that a hotel isn’t performing as it should. Keep in mind when reading reviews that what may be a negative for one traveller, for example, the noise of children playing in a pool, may actually be a positive for someone else.
Accessibility
5. Accessibility to transport can also be an important factor. If you are taking your own car or hiring one, is there somewhere to park it either on-site or nearby? Does the hotel offer shuttle services to the airport, shopping centre or local attractions? Is there public transport nearby, or a reliable taxi service? Unless your intention is to not leave the luxuries of your hotel, there is little worse than spending hours hunting around for parking spaces or waiting endlessly for taxis to arrive. Other things to consider in choosing a hotel are loyalty program and frequent flyer program deals, eco-friendliness, size of rooms, ambience and local flavour.
stjong ! I can say that you have shared here truly great kind of stuff which is useful to select a hotel. I really love this and really be about that it would be something really best and amazing for me.I really like to share this with my mates and really hope that they all will realy like this for sure.
Thanks Eugenie, please keep posting a valuable info in this forum Smile
(11-07-2016, 11:10 PM)stjong Wrote: Top 5 Things to look for when choosing a hotel
When choosing a hotel, you’ll be faced with a varied array of options. Filtering through these choices to find the hotel that suits you or your travel companions’ requirements can be a challenging task. Doing your research before you book can make all the difference to how much you enjoy your stay. Here are 5 things to look for when choosing a suitable hotel.
1. The most important factor is location. If your intended hotel stay is for a holiday, then proximity to beaches, fun parks, tourist attractions and restaurants will play a critical part in your decision. If, on the other hand, the trip is for business purposes then being close to the town centre may be more important. Proximity to shopping centres, sporting facilities or medical services may also be a consideration.
Amenities
2. Hotel amenities are the second most important factor. If you are booking a family holiday with children, then a hotel with a swimming pool and kids’ club will likely jump to the top of your list. Likewise, a hotel offering Wi Fi and a wide range of business and secretarial services will be more suitable if you are travelling for business reasons. If you can’t bear to be parted from your puppy, pet-friendly accommodation will be essential. Non-smokers may request specific rooms, if available.
Value
3. It goes without saying that value for money is a factor when choosing a hotel. Consider value adding extras such as laundry services and extended hours’ room service that may enhance your stay. Searching for hotel deals and packages, or asking for a discounted rate, may also be worthwhile. Many hotels will consider price matching to lure you away from a competitor…. don’t be afraid to ask for a better price! Comparing hotels with a similar AAA star rating is another way to evaluate value for money.
Reviews
4. Reviews are a valuable tool when deciding where to stay. Many travellers enjoy sharing their experiences after they return from a trip, whether they are good or bad. Travel forums, hotel review sites and even social media are great places to check out what other travellers recommend (or not). A long list of bad reviews is a good indication that a hotel isn’t performing as it should. Keep in mind when reading reviews that what may be a negative for one traveller, for example, the noise of children playing in a pool, may actually be a positive for someone else.
Accessibility
5. Accessibility to transport can also be an important factor. If you are taking your own car or hiring one, is there somewhere to park it either on-site or nearby? Does the hotel offer shuttle services to the airport, shopping centre or local attractions? Is there public transport nearby, or a reliable taxi service? Unless your intention is to not leave the luxuries of your hotel, there is little worse than spending hours hunting around for parking spaces or waiting endlessly for taxis to arrive. Other things to consider in choosing a hotel are loyalty program and frequent flyer program deals, eco-friendliness, size of rooms, ambience and local flavour.

stjong, Here, I am going to appreciate your effort for sharing  really a valuable stuff  with the members  through which we can learn on the points to keep  in mind before selecting any hotel. It is really beneficial sharing for me because being a  traveler, I always like to go for outing and  book hotels  for stay and  will  follow these suggestions as well through my next travel  plans. 

I juts love my nyc niagara falls tour
It's really great to see that you all have shared here really great stuff well I realy keen to know about a hotel which is The Greenwich Hotel The Greenwich Hotel. My uncle wants to enjoy the amenities of this with is all of the family in the new year eve and asked me to get some useful stuff about this one. do anyone like to share something about it?

I had great fun during my best niagara falls boat tour.
The Greenwich Hotel is a great place for having an amazing time. This is the best place for comfortable stay. Actually once my brother had enjoyed the service and views of that hotel. After that he said theses are all very nice and you can enjoy something like this
Free Wi-Fi
Paid parking
Indoor pool
Air-conditioned
Laundry service
Pet-friendly
What say?
Well, Allaya would like to add here you have shared massive stuff about this place with us. Honestly, have never visited this place in my life but after reading your views have decided to be there in my next free time. So right now curious to know something about its nearest attractions. Would anyone like to drop here? Waiting for replies.

Have you any idea about bus trips to niagara falls ny?
The Greenwich Hotel is totally new for me. I never visited there in my whole traveling life. Allaya! You shared very useful stuff about this hotel with all of us. After seeing your views about this hotel I also want to try it personally for my good experience. I am sure I also will spend a good time.
The Greenwich Hotel is really fantastic hotel. This hotel provides excellent facilities and friendly environment. Drue! You will also enjoy being there. Go ahead and enjoy your tour of this hotel without any hesitation. The luxurious amenities will make you happy and you will feel just like at home. Now when you will be back must share your experiences with us.